Watch the video...
You may not realize it but there are people building huge brands on instagram. This little app is amazingly powerful and so easy to use. In fact, right now it’s one of fastest growing platforms and it brings in effective results in just minutes a day.
First let’s look at some cool facts..
Did you know?
– Instagram has over 500 million active monthly users.
– Instagram users have shared over 40 billion photos to date and share an average of 95 million photos and videos per day.
– 80% of Instagram users come from outside of the U.S.
– Instagram is used by 31% of American women and 24% of men.
– Instagram users “like” 4.2 billion posts per day
– Instagram is used by 48.8% of brands—a number that is expected to rise to 70.7% by February 2017
– Top brands post 4.9 times per week on Instagram, an increase of more than 50% from 2015.
– 60% of the top brands on Instagram use a consistent filter
– B2C marketers are significantly more likely (6%) to increase Instagram activities than B2B marketers (48%)
– 75% of Instagram users take action, such as visiting a website, after looking at an Instagram advertising post
– Posts with at least one hashtag average 12.6% more engagement.
So how can you build your personal brand on instagram? I’m here to share that with you.
Branding & Marketing with Niche Accounts…
It’s important for you to understand that every person building a successful brand online must have a niche. Your niche helps you to target your market and set yourself apart from everyone else.
A Niche within a Niche (micro-niche) creates a platform that consistantly targets the right fan, makes you a must follow and keeps working for you 24 hours a day.
If you can narrow in on your ideal fan, then you’ll be golden in marketing but as you know understanding those fans isn’t easy. That’s because your niche has not been refined enough yet to define you in that special way.
Once you have your niche well defined, patterns will start to take shape and your ideal super fan will become really recognizable to you and you to them.
People with a well defined niche definitely build faster and tend to have much larger accounts than any other people on instagram so don’t try to be everything to everyone in this space.
In fact, consider developing multiple instagram pages for added exposure and volume to house all the great content you like to post.
For instance: Think about developing different accounts for specific types of content…
– Fashion: an account that just focuses on what you wear and any merchandise you may want to produce now or in the future.
– How its done: development and launch of your albums from writing to recording and making the music videos. This can be an on-going series following each album or single.
– Video account: focusing on your live streaming performances, on stage entertainment and music videos.
– Lifestyle Brand: If you travel or collect anything that you are really passionate about. (food, beaches, bucket list, instruments)
– Workouts: If your working out and think you want to post about it, use a separate account just for your workouts. Include what you do during workouts, how you do it, track your goals, healthy eating, and recipes.
**It may seem extreem but people will tune in regularly to your specific accounts if you stick with it. And the future will lead to many lucrative possibilities with micro-niche accounts that brands will adore to work with.
Think of this as a strategy for your future.
A major thing to remember:
Who you are and your message must be established in the first 8 seconds of anyone landing on your page. If it’s not well defined, then let’s start figuring out how to make that happen.
When you start filling up those first 9 photo’s on any instagram week you’ll need to be sure that message is reflected accurately. This is one benefit that having a Niche within a Niche will bring to you. If you narrow your field, you’re least likely to get confused about what you should be posting about and your audience can better connect with your content. Keep that in mind when your deciding on your message and insta- brand.
Host of A.V.A Live Radio & Creator of the Music Marketing Insider