Beat is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Do you ever find yourself living in a moment so euphoric, joyful or just plain memorable that you think to yourself "I can't waste this time. I need to have the perfect soundtrack playing so I can recreate this feeling whenever I hear that song again."? Do you ever hear a song that gives you the shivers? And has you ascending for an out of body experience for the mere minutes it plays but you come out of it feeling like you've been gone a lifetime? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't. But out there in the world of music lingers that special genre I've come to refer to as 'Transcendent'.
Sometimes all a person needs is to lay down on the floor with the lights off and listen to music. These songs are the soundtrack to jumping out of the world for a while and leaving your physical body behind.
Close your eyes and float away into another universe for a while.
4. "Jamaica Say You Will" - Jackson Browne: One of the best singer-songwriters in music. This man never disappoints. This song needs to be heard when the sun is setting.
8. "All Things Must Pass" - George Harrison: This is the song to help you remember that life is fleeting and the rough patch you're going through is not going to last forever. So keep your chin up.
10. "The Wind" - Cat Stevens: If I had to pick just one of these songs as the ultimate, it would be this one. No song makes you feel just quite like this one does. You feel so fragile and free. One can get lost in the soft wonders this song holds.
13. "Take It To The Limit" - The Eagles: Randy Meisner's voice alone is magical. This song feels like the end of a hard day...when relief is washing over you and you remember just how hard you're working and how much more you're capable of.
14. "Vienna" - Billy Joel: This song speaks to you! Close your eyes and listen for what you need to hear.
15. "The Circle Game" - Joni Mitchell: You're probably gonna cry during this one.
18. "She'll Be There" - The Monkees: Micky Dolenz, a criminally underrated vocalist. In this song, his pure and sweet tenor voice is joined by that of his sister, Coco. Their strikingly beautifully & pure harmonies will send you places.
22. "Ruby Tuesday" - The Rolling Stones: Listen to Brian Jones wonderful, distinct and soothing playing of the recorder in this song.
24. "Tangerine" - Led Zeppelin: This song is actual sunshine. The guitar is chilling. Robert's vocals are something special.
27. "I Got A Name" - Jim Croce: Man oh man, this song. I can't truly describe how it lifts you up and reminds you just how sweet life can be when you truly believe in yourself.
32. "Leather and Lace" - Stevie Nicks & Don Henley: You think this song can't get any better...and then Don Henley starts singing. His voice is one of the most beautiful things. These two created something amazing with this song.
34. "It'll All Work Out" - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Tom's voice is so reassuring in this song yet so sad.